Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A simple call turns out to be instant and direct answer to prayer

This is Awesome, you gotta read this!!
This morning I was flipping through a copy of Christian Week magazine(https://www.facebook.com/ChristianWeek) when an article caught my eye. It was about a newer ministry in Fort St. John, BC...waaaaaay up north. For some reason the thought came to my head "call them, they need Bibles" so, naturally, I called them.
A super nice Lady answered the phone and I asked her about their ministry. She told me that they are a recovery ministry for those dealing with addictions and other major life issues that need healing. She went on to tell me more about the ministry and asked me what I was interested in. I said...something tells me that you need Bibles...Life Recovery Bibles. She burst out laughing and said YES, we were JUST talking about the fact that we have no Bibles when you called and nobody has stepped up to help us out with any..there are no Christian book stores around and we cannot afford to buy these Bibles online with our budget....Why? Can you help us? I went on to tell her about Give the Word and what we do. All I can hear in the background is her quietly saying is "Thank you God....Thank you God....". I told her we'd send her out whatever they need. I told her we'd also send out some outreach Bibles that they can use for giving the the families of the people in recovery as well. They could not believe what they were hearing. For them, this was an Instant and Direct answer to prayer. Someone was calling them to offer them the EXACT Bible that they needed for FREE.
She then went on to say that her husband runs a drop in shelter/ministry in Owen Sound Ontario. She didn't want to be presumptuous, but asked if we ship Bibles to Ontario..I said ya, we ship all over Canada and we'd gladly help you out there too if you have a need. At this point she's just laughing and saying thank you over and over.
Today we ordering and shipping them three cases of Bibles that they need to run their recovery ministry in Northern BC and will be taking further about their Bible needs for their Ontario shelter.
For me this was just a nudge, routine even, a simple phone call. For them this was a miracle and totally put this situation into perspective. Thank you God for orchestrating another answer to prayer and thank you to those who allow Give the Word to keep doing what we do with your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment